PHP is a scripting language originally designed for producing dynamic web pages. While PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995, the main implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group and serves for PHP as there is no formal specification. PHP is free software released under the PHP License and is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. It generally runs on a web server, which is configured to take PHP code as input and create web page content as output. It can be deployed on most web servers and on almost every operating system and platform free of charge. PHP is installed on over 20 million websites and 1 million web servers.
PHP itself is a server-side programming language and it is vastly used by software developer to build dynamic web pages and to develop textual user interfaces. As a programming language it is vastly used in different segments while developing a professional website. With the help of PHP coding we can develop synergistic, capable and money making websites.
Custom web development, database driven website development, website with dynamic pages are the core aspects of PHP programming language. Custom PHP programming can be applied in several areas in web development like
1. Back end Administration Panels
2. Shopping Carts
3. Banner and advertising management
4. Web content management
5. Membership management
6. Blogs management
7. Mailing systems
8. Product catalogs
9. Visitor tracking
10. Feedback form
11. Forums and message boards
12. Event Calendars
PHP itself is a server-side programming language and it vastly used by software developer to build dynamic web pages and to develop textual user interfaces. As a programming language it is vastly used in different segments while developing a professional website. With the help of PHP coding we can develop synergistic, capable and money making websites.
Foremost features of the PHP Programming language
1. Ease of writing interfaces to other libraries.
2. Various HTTP server interfaces.
3. PHP codes are platform independent thus can run on (almost) any platform.
4. Several types of database accessibility like My-SQL, MS SQL, Oracle etc.
5. PHP programming syntax is similar to C and C++ thus easy understandable by programmers.
6. PHP is an extensible language by nature.
7. PHP is Open Source, thus costly registration fee are not required here.
Advantages of PHP Programming
1. Speedy, trustworthy, stable, easy to understand and high performance programming language.
2. Compatible with various servers like IIS and Apache.
3. PHP codes can be run on any major operating systems like Windows, Linux and Unix etc.
4. PHP Providing design structure to produce rapid application development.
5. PHP has powerful output buffering system.
6. PHP programming can be used in a large number of relational database management systems.
7. It offers flexibility during and after the initial project to PHP programmers.
8. PHP provides quick execution of complex application solutions.
9. PHP is versatile programming language which is supported on most web servers.
At last, PHP is an open source language and hence free access to the source code is available for your development. It can be easily installed and we do not require paying thousands of dollars for registration. The most recent version of PHP is PHP5 which is really very programmer friendly and completely object oriented.